Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Girls Room in Progress: The Plan

I have been so distracted by all this creativity in my head for decorating the house that I haven't done much quilting. This is the progress I've made for a girls room. I spray painted these frames that I got for free and placed Barbie fashion sketches in them.I put up two pink Chinese lanterns that are touching so they have that fun angle.  I think I'll eventually paint the room a darker pink ( I'm kind of nervou to tackle a painting project although I love color on walls) and I'm spray painting the child vanity and the shelf/barbie house black. I've ordered pink curtains, an 'espresso' colored bunk bed that converts into two separate beds if needed, and want to find a zebra print rug for the floor. When I get around to it I want to create a quilt inspired by the Barbie prints, using the colors and soft yet high fashion feel. I don't want the room to be too grown up. It is for a little girl after all. ( I admit that I want this room but I don't think my husband would go for it. I'll have to think of something else.)


No comments:

Post a Comment